The text of your book can be made clearer by using Text HD, which is appropriate for text layout-based PDFs like books, newspapers, and novels. Please follow these 5 steps to apply [Text HD] as the render engine on Mac.
Step 1：Copy the installation command of Homebrew. #
Type this URL “https://brew.sh” in the browser’s search bar and press “Enter“. Then copy the installation command of Homebrew.
Step 2：Open the command line window. #
There are 3 methods that you can open the command line window on a Mac computer.
Method 1: Press “F4” on the keyboard to open the Application Interface. Then type “Terminal” on the search bar and tap on the Enter key.
Method 2: Press “Command” and the Space bar together on the keyboard to open Spotlight Search. Then type “Terminal” on the search bar and tap on the Enter key.
Method 3: Open Finder on the computer and click the option “GO” on the upper-left toolbar to select “Utilities“. In the pop-up window, double-click “Terminal” in the list to open it.
Step 3：Install Homebrew. #
1. After the command line window is opened, paste the installation command of Homebrew behind the prompt “%” and press “Enter“.
2. Then type the power-on password of your computer and press “Enter”. (Note: Your password doesn’t display on the interface when you type.) Next, press Return/Enter on the keyboard to continue.
3. Enter “brew -v” behind the prompt “%” to check whether Homebrew is installed or not. If it is installed successfully, the version number of Homebrew will be displayed on the window.
Step 4: Install Ghostscript. #
1. Enter “brew install gs” behind the prompt “%” and press “Enter” to install Ghostscript. (Note: It will take about 6 minutes if you install Ghostscript for the first time.)
2. Enter “where gs” behind the prompt “%” and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
2. Open the software and select “Text HD” as the render engine and paste the path on the blank bar. Now, you can apply “Text HD” as the render engine for your book.